+63917 529 8472
Tue-Sat: 8 AM - 5 PM

News and Updates

The latest immigration and visa news for the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and select European countries - straight from the leading immigrant advocates in the Philippines.

Saskatchewan’s Skilled Worker Express Entry Residency Option Still Open

Of the three provincial nomination programs of Saskatchewan only the The International Skilled Worker – Employment Offer sub-category is still accepting applications.

Jennifer ArandaOriginally posted on May 29, 2016; updated May 29, 2016

Saskatchewan’s Skilled Worker Express Entry Residency Option Still Open

The other two popular programs for Skilled Workers - Occupations In-Demand (SWOD) and the Saskatchewan Experience are both closed after having met this years’ allocation.

The SWOD List has been updated. The applicant’s work experience must be in a high skilled occupation (NOC “O”, “A”, or “B”) that is considered to be in-demand in Saskatchewan.  Please see Appendix A in the Application Guide for the updated list of eligible occupations.

This sub-category is for skilled workers who:

  • Don’t have a job offer in Saskatchewan but are highly-skilled in an in-demand occupation in the province, and
  • Meet the sub-category criteria. Criteria can change at any time, but we'll use what was on this website when we received your complete application.


To qualify as someone who lives outside Canada or have proof of legal status in Canada, and is not a refugee claimant, the applicant must:

  • Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the SINP point assessment grid;
  • Have a language score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.  However, Employers and regulatory bodies may ask for language scores that are higher than CLB 4;
  • Have completed post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship that’s comparable to the Canadian education system of at least one year in length. You should have earned a diploma, certificate or degree with this.
  • Have at least one-year work experience in the past 10 years:
    • In your field of education or training occupation, and
    • In a high skilled occupation in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Matrix level "A", "B" or "0" that’s in-demand in Saskatchewan.
  • Show proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure, if your intended occupation is in a regulated profession or compulsory apprenticeship trade;
  • You'll need this as part of your SINP application. To see if your intended occupation is regulated in Saskatchewan, go to Regulated Occupations and Licensing Requirements; and
  • Have proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.

Since the program criteria can change at any time, and SINP will” use what was on this website when your complete application was received” be sure to indicate or remember the date when you submitted your SINP application.

Authors & Contributors

Jennifer Aranda

Jennifer Aranda

Jennifer S. Aranda is the COO of IVC Immigrant Visa Center, Inc.

Got a migration question? Let us know - we're here to help

Because you deserve to know, get basic FREE advice first


ICEF logoPIER logoANZCHAM logoBritish Council logo