Australia's nationwide shortage list is reflected both in the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) and Consolidated Skilled Occupations List (CSOL).  If you're new to our website, CLICK HERE to know which Australian State or Territory has an occupation you need to check.

If your profession is one of those professions or skilled occupations, you won't have to dive deep to find the job treasures. Of the 8 professions listed, internationally-trained Midwives would have to push hard and go beyond snorkeling to meet Australia's credential equivalency.

Australia's employment radar pinpoints the top professions: SURVEYOR, QUANTITY SURVEYOR and MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC RADIOGRAPHER. 

If you want to know whether the job you currently hold corresponds to the official description of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (or ANZSCO), then read on.

The Professions.

As of this writing, listed below are the 8 professions and a short description of the job PLUS where you can apply and why shortages exist:

If you see your profession on the list and your job description fits, call us at +63 (2) 683.0617 (GMT+8 Philippines) or email us at! You might just qualify for immigration.

The Skilled Trades.  

The 21 skilled trades are shown below accompanied by a short description of the job. Some of these trades may require registration.  

Not all of these trades make the individual eligible to apply for either You may not be eligible in all states for the Skilled Independent visa, Skilled Nominated visa or Skilled Regional (Provisonal) visa though so make sure you check back with us. 

If you see your trade on the list and your job description fits, call us at +63 (2) 683.0617 (GMT+8 Philippines) or email us at!  You might just qualify for immigration. 

Important Notes.

It would be good if your work experience in any of the professions or trades listed above is more than three years if you intend to apply for immigration.  

The Department of Employment cautions that labor markets change quickly and vary by location.  Hence, it is better to check both the most recent SOL and CSOL.  Moreover, not all of the Skilled Trades listed are eligible for skilled immigration so check with us or keep an eye out for succeeding articles.

If you are a qualified worker, you may be nominated or sponsored by a registered Australian employer usually through the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa category.  Other employers may be willing to provide sponsorship in support of a permanent resident application through the Employment Nomination Scheme.

And regardless of trade or profession, you must meet the language proficiency requirements and positive or suitable assessment of credentials.  Check back with us on the assessing authority.

Confused about the best career pathway for you?

Allow us to help you plan your career overseas.

About the Author

Jennifer Aranda

Jennifer Aranda

Jennifer S. Aranda is the COO of IVC Immigrant Visa Center, Inc.

IVC and IVC staff are proud members or affiliates of

ICCRC logoIBP logoICEF logoPIER logo
MARA logoCANCHAM logoANZCHAM logoBritish Council logo