Visiting the UK – whether visiting the UK for leisure or holiday, check the requirements for Tourists and Short Stay Visitors

Working in the UK – Unlike the other countries with permanent migration programs, the UK only allows workers, professionals, businesspersons and others considered the best in their area of expertise at least five years before becoming eligible for permanent residency. An employer must be listed in the UK Registry of Tier 2 Employers

 Migrating to the UK  - called Indefinite Leave to Remain in various categories for Tier 2 Classification for Skilled Workers, Professionals, Entrepreneurs

Study, Work and Migrate to the UK- For those who may not have a UK-registered employer, taking up further or higher studies could be the entry point. A foreign student must be admitted for enrolment in an educational institution listed with the  Registry of Sponsor for Tier 4 Students

Processing Times – the UK Home Office provides an update of how long visa applications are being processed worldwide.Processing times for an Application Office Worldwide

Appeals of Visa RefusalsAppeals Process to the Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) if you think there’s a legal mistake with a decision made by the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber). The tribunal is independent of government and will listen to both sides of the argument before making a decision.

Got a question? Let us know - we're here to help.

IVC and IVC staff are proud members or affiliates of

ICCRC logoIBP logoICEF logoPIER logo
MARA logoCANCHAM logoANZCHAM logoBritish Council logo