Connect with us

Options for FSW Applicants Affected by Program Suspension

In a move that caught many by surprise, Canadian Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced the suspension “for at least six months” of the Federal Skilled Worker program for priority occupations. (See what other visa and migration options you may have, below)

Share this article
Options for FSW Applicants Affected by Program Suspension
Posted on June 30, 2012

Citing a need for breathing room and dispense fairness to hundreds of thousands of applicants in 29 occupations waiting for their permanent resident applications to be approved, Kenney said that “effective July 1, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will place a temporary pause on new applications to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and federal Immigrant Investor Program (IIP).  Applications  are to be accepted in January 2013.

In reference to a fitness regimen, the Canadian Immigration Minister said the next six months will involve “a heavy lifting to get (Canada0 closer to a fast and flexible system.”

During the 6-month suspension, the Immigration Ministry will pursue the changes it has started with the launch of Canada’s Economic Action Plan 2012.  A revised selection criteria is expected to be announced soon.

If you have a pending FSW application or are all set to submit your complete application July this year, the Immigrant Visa Center has other options that will allow you to migrate to Canada, work and pursue residency through other categories in Canada as well as in Australia, New Zealand, UK and the USA.

Prior to this announcement the Immigrant Visa Center has firmed up partnership with affiliates in Canada, New Zealand, Australia and the United States as part of IVC's continuing efforts to expand the opportunities for Filipinos and their families who would like to explore temporary as well as permanent migration options.

For more information on what visa options and migration categories you would qualify and be eligible for, call the Immigrant Visa Center at (02) 634-8717 ; text your concern to 0917-526-8472 or email your complete and updated resume – including email and contact addresses for relatives in Canada and other countries who would be willing to help you or add bonus points to your residency application.

Got a question? Let us know - we're here to help.

Send us your migration concern

Other countries

Email and phone
Phone only
Social Media - please specify website (ex: Facebook, Google Plus, etc.) and account name

We need to make sure that you're human. What is nine minus four?

ICEF logoPIER logoANZCHAM logoBritish Council logo