Written by Crispin Aranda
Posted on January 27, 2013
Beware of Fakes and Scammers!
We would like to remind everyone to be careful of those who use the name of our company, IVC Immigrant Visa Center, Inc., with dubious and dishonest intentions. It saddens us to discover that there are some people who claim to be connected to us with the intention of taking advantage of our kababayans' eagerness to go overseas.
For your protection, please remember (tell your friends too!) the following points that legitimate staff, agents, and partners of IVC do:
- Legitimate IVC staff and agents will NEVER ask for your money outside the office (this is VERY important - we cannot stress this enough). Only our certified Finance Staff - in our offices - will handle your secure transactions.
- ALL financial transactions are accomplished in our offices ONLY, or after meeting with a properly authorized member of our Finance Department in one of our offices.
- When interacting with legitimate IVC staff, agents, or partners OUTSIDE of our office, ask to call our official telephone numbers (for Manila, 634-8717 ONLY; for Calamba, 502-8067 ONLY - no other numbers are legit) to verify their identity and connection to our office. In fact, they'll even encourage it to put you at ease.
- Only trained International Visa Counselors and immigration lawyers will handle your case, right here in our office. We take our clients' needs seriously, and we do not compromise when it comes to the privacy, security, and accuracy of the details of your case.
- We will be coming up with a list of our authorized partners and agents, and it will be posted up here in Facebook and in our official website (http://www.visacenter.org). Stay tuned for updates!
If you or any of our KaVisas have heard of anyone claiming to be connected to our company, please let us know! We would be glad to verify and support our legitimate staff, agents, and partners who truly believe in the ideals of honest and legal migration.
Got a question? Let us know - we're here to help.
Here are other articles you might be interested in...