Are you interested in a career in a supply chain role such as purchasing/procurement, warehousing, transportation, production/quality and/or inventory planning?
If you already have a bachelors’ degree, then this Post Degree Diploma in Supply Chain Management is suitable for your purpose as it was designed to provide graduates with industry relevant job skills and preparatory knowledge to attain industry certifications such as Lean Six Sigma and APICS-Certified in Production and Inventory Management or APICS-CPIM.
You will be conferred the Post-Degree Diploma in Supply Chain Management award upon course completion.
Learn more about the Canada student visa category.
This Supply Chain Management Post-Degree Diploma is taught full-time for one year. It is offered at the following campuses of Douglas College:
- New Westminster; and
Please note that you will be responsible for your own transportation to complete co-op, externship, internship or practical lab requirements when these are included in a program.
You may check career opportunities depending on your work experience and academic background:
- Purchasing agent
- Operations manager
- Logistics analyst
- Supply chain manager
- Purchasing manager
- Logistics manager
- Production, planning and expediting staff
- Storage and distribution manager
Check your migration options after graduation.
The following courses are of 3 credits each, unless otherwise stated. You will be taking 30 credits to complete this program:
- Select one course from the following two options:
- BUSN 3410: Global Supply Chain Management
- BUSN 3600: Project Management Essentials
- Required Courses:
- ACCT 3008: Financial and Managerial Accounting for Managers
- BUSN 1210: Management Essentials
- BUSN 2429: Business Statistics I
- CSIS 2200: Systems Analysis and Design
- BUSN 3380: Operations Management
- BUSN 3386: Supply Materials Management
- BUSN 3388: Supply Chain Planning
- BUSN 3390: Continuous Improvement
- BUSN 4275: Business Strategy & Analysis
Course Code : PDSCMGT
College : Commerce and Business Administration
Duration : One year
Qualifications Level : Post-degree Diploma
All fees listed below are quoted in Canadian Dollar (CAD).
- Registration & Service Fee: 34
- Base Tuition Fee: 8,700 (for 15 units)
- Students' Union Fee : 62.40
- Other Student Activity Fees: 47.70
- U-Pass: 164
Take note of the following:
- The above figures represent what Douglas College expects will be your reasonable international fees. Textbooks and mandatory health insurance have not been included
- Externship, internship, work term, apprenticeship fees are not included in the tuition fee. This could range from $450 to a full term.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation to complete externship, internship or practical lab requirements not listed above.
Check other academic programs similar to this one.
Intake Dates :
There are three intakes per year:
- Fall (usually September)
- Winter (usually January)
- Spring (usually May)
IVC however, accepts applications for an intake date up to 7 months before the start of classes. This preparation period includes:
- Review by the department/school for your eligibility;
- Processing by the Admissions Office of the college;
- Processing of insurance;
- Seeking accommodation;
- Processing of your student visa application.
The long period will also allow you sufficient time to:
- Review for the English language proficiency exam;
- Collate your documents;
- Put together funds for the initial Tuition Fee payment and maintenance funds.
So be sure you apply early! After all, you deserve the best professional service we can offer.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations of Douglas College:
- You must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country.
- It is highly recommended that you complete foundations of Math 12 with a minimum grade of C+.
- As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate a level of English competency. You must therefore meet the minimum scores in ANY of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT): Overall score of 83, minimum 20 in all sections;
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score of 6.5, no band below 6.0.
Check Immigrant Visa Center's international school partners.