Sales Diploma PD Douglas College
Douglas College, Canada
This Sales Diploma (post-degree) program offers a broad exposure to sales and marketing viewed from technical, creative and management perspectives.
Enrolling in the program does serve a variety of purposes, depending on your goals:
- It's a conversion course, providing concentrated training in sales if your background is another field but you wish to start a business or move into a sales position.
- If you have a degree but your work experience is in sales, finishing this program will give you a sales credential if you intend to study further or pursue work experience in Canada.
- If you have been working in sales for some time but lack formal or recent training, this diploma program delivers upgraded sales education, skills and current practices.
The PDD in Sales is customized for each student and reflects their needs, experience, future plans and learning style. In addition to course work, you will gain practical experience through an optional work experience or internship placement (upon program completion).
You will be awarded the Post-Degree Diploma in Sales once you have completed the program.
Learn more about the Canada student visa category.
This Sales Post-Degree Diploma is offered at the New Westminster campus of Douglas College. It is taught full-time for one year. You will be given a choice between a Marketing Practicum or Experiential Learning & Internship.
Please note that you will be responsible for your own transportation to complete co-op, externship, internship or practical lab requirements when these are included in a program.
All the courses listed below have three credits. To complete this Post-Degree Diploma program, you must pass 30 credits during your one year of study.
- Required Courses
- MARK 1120: Introductory Marketing
- MARK 2150: Personal Selling
- MARK 4360: Customer Relationship Management
- MARK 4410: Sales Management
- MARK 4390: Professional Sales
- Select five courses from the following ten options (select four if you are doing MARK 4483 Practicum, three of which must be MARK 3340, MARK 4441, and MARK 4440):
- MARK 3215: Buyer Behaviour
- MARK 3235: e-Marketing
- MARK 3300: International Marketing
- MARK 3313: Non-profit Marketing
- MARK 3340: Promotional Strategy
- MARK 3490: Business Marketing
- MARK 4270: Market Intelligence
- MARK 4440: Marketing Strategy
- MARK 4441: Marketing Research
- Select one of the following two options if you are wanting to do a Practicum:
- MARK 4483: Marketing Practicum (taken in semester III)
- COBA 4880: Experiential Learning & Internship, 9 credits
Check other academic programs similar to this one.
Course Code : PDSALE
College : Commerce & Business Administration
Duration : One year
Qualifications Level : Post-degree Diploma
All fees listed below are quoted in Canadian Dollar (CAD).
- Registration & Service Fee: 34
- Base Tuition Fee: 8,700 (for 15 units)
- Students' Union Fee : 62.40
- Other Student Activity Fees: 47.70
- U-Pass: 164
Take note of the following:
- The above figures represent what Douglas College expects will be your reasonable international fees. Textbooks and mandatory health insurance have not been included
- Externship, internship, work term, apprenticeship fees are not included in the tuition fee. This could range from $450 to a full term.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation to complete externship, internship or practical lab requirements not listed above.
Intake Dates :
There are three intakes per year:
- Fall (usually September)
- Winter (usually January)
- Spring (usually May)
IVC however, accepts applications for an intake date up to 7 months before the start of classes. This preparation period includes:
- Review by the department/school for your eligibility;
- Processing by the Admissions Office of the college;
- Processing of insurance;
- Seeking accommodation;
- Processing of your student visa application.
The long period will also allow you sufficient time to:
- Review for the English language proficiency exam;
- Collate your documents;
- Put together funds for the initial Tuition Fee payment and maintenance funds.
So be sure you apply early! After all, you deserve the best professional service we can offer.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations of Douglas College. You must comply with the following requirements:
- You must have graduated with a recognized degree granting post-secondary institution with a minimum 3-year bachelor degree; and
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 60% (or equivalent) during the bachelor degree program
- As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate a level of English competency. You must therefore meet the minimum scores in ANY of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT): Overall score of 83, minimum 20 in all sections;
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score of 6.5, no band below 6.0.
Check Immigrant Visa Center's international school partners.