Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Cert RRC
Red River College, Canada
About This Program
If you are trying to break into the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry in Canada, consider enrolling in this one-year certificate program of Red River College. You will need:
This program provides the skills you need to gain employment in the production of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and related products. These products include:
The program consists of two streams:
You learn the theory and practice of formulating and manufacturing tablets and capsules. What are the raw materials used? How are these products formulated and manufactured? How can we produce a good quality product? You will explore these questions and more by manufacturing small batches in the College's state-of-the-art solid dosage production laboratory.
You gain hands-on experience in microbial fermentation such as set-up, inoculation, sampling, harvesting techniques, filtration, and column chromatographic purification techniques strategies for manufacturing of Recombinant Biotechnology drug products. Cleanroom gowning, sanitization and GMP compliance will be emphasized. You will run small-scale batches in our state-of-the-art bioprocessing lab.
This program is being offered at the Notre Dame Campus in Winnipeg with subjects taught in state-of-the art laboratory facilities.
Red River College works closely with Manitoba pharmaceutical companies and the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM) in the development of this program.
Upon graduation, you may be initially employed as production technicians with Manitoba's regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing companies. In 2016, 90% of graduates were employed while the remaining 10% continued to enroll in further studies.
When you have successfully completed this Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Certificate program, you will be able to:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process which document and compares an individual's prior learning gained from prior education, work and life experiences and personal study to the learning outcomes in College courses or programs. So if you think your grades are good enough, apply for Recognition of Prior Learning for some of the courses of this program to decrease the number of subjects you have to take. Talk to your assigned IVC Visa Counselor or Documentation Officer for advice.
College : Health Sciences
Duration : 1 Year
Qualifications Level : Certificate
All fees listed below are in Canadian Dollars (CAD) currency.
The above figures represent what Red River College expects will be your reasonable international fees. You will be responsible for bus fees going and coming from the campus.
You may have to estimating living expenses such as insurance, rent, weekly supermarket shopping, some meals on campus, electricity bills, heating bills, refuse bills, parking fees, mobile phone expenses, travel, clothing, snacks on campus, socializing, health.
As expenses are subject to change, the above figures may be changed at any time without notice by the college. Please check with your IVC-assigned Visa or Education Counselor periodically for any changes.
Intake Dates :
The intake for the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing certificate program is August 27, 2018. You should apply early though since competition for slots may be tough.
In addition, IVC has a 3-month preparation period that includes, among others:
It is important to apply early as this course may have many applicants. Moreover, beginning an application well in advance of the intake date will allow you a lot of time to prepare for the IELTS and consolidate your academic and professional credentials for your visa application. So make sure you apply early!
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations. You must comply with the following requirements:
Thinking about living abroad? Discover if you qualify for immigration.
You may be qualified & not even know it!