Marketing Diploma PD Douglas College
Douglas College, Canada
This Marketing (Post-Degree Diploma) program of Douglas College is open to:
- Current marketing professionals
- People from a non-marketing background
Broaden your skills base, transition into management roles or learn to market your own company by applying the business and marketing skills that you will learn.
You will be awarded the Post-Degree Diploma in Marketing once you have completed the program.
Learn more about the Canada student visa category.
This Marketing Post-Degree Diploma is offered at the New Westminster campus of Douglas College. It is taught full-time for one year.
Courses emphasize practical skills and use a blend of lectures, case studies and group work on real projects in the business community.
Please note that you will be responsible for your own transportation to complete co-op, externship, internship or practical lab requirements when these are included in a program.
Build on your current career or education or go in a whole new direction with the Marketing Diploma (Post-Degree). You can, after all, apply the skills and knowledge you will gain, to a variety of industries.
Check your migration options after graduation.
This marketing diploma program can serve a variety of purposes, depending on your goals:
- It provides concentrated training in sales for individuals who have a background in another field and who wish to start a business or move into a sales position;
- It offers a marketing credential to foreign nationals who have a degree and wish to study and/or pursue work experience in Canada;
- It delivers upgraded marketing education, skills and current practices to those who have been in the industry for some time but lack formal or recent training.
All of the courses listed below have three credits. To complete this Post-Degree Diploma program, you must pass 30 credits during your one year of study.
- Prior to SEMESTER I
- MARK 1120*: Introductory Marketing
- SEMESTER I
- MARK 2150: Personal Selling**
- MARK 3340: Promotional Strategy
- MARK 4360: Customer Relationship Management**
- Select one course from the following two options:
- BUSN 1210: Management Essentials
- Elective: any suitable course approved by the Marketing Department Chair
- SEMESTER II
- MARK 3300: International Marketing**
- MARK 3500: Financial Services Marketing**
- MARK 4440: Marketing Strategy
- MARK 4441: Marketing Research
- Select one course from the following two options:
- COBA 4880: Experiential Learning & Internship
- MARK 4483: Marketing Practicum
- SEMESTER III (Optional)
- Internship Course: Work Placement 9 credits
* For MARK 1120 a 2 week concentrated option or online study option may be possible.
** Can be replaced with one of MARK 3215; MARK 3235; MARK 3280; MARK 3313; MARK 3470; MARK 3490; MARK 4270; MARK 4390; MARK 4410
Check other academic programs similar to this one.
Course Code : PDMARK
College : Commerce & Business Administration
Duration : One year
Qualifications Level : Post-degree Diploma
All fees listed below are quoted in Canadian Dollar (CAD).
- Registration & Service Fee: 34
- Base Tuition Fee: 8,700 (for 15 units)
- Students' Union Fee : 62.40
- Other Student Activity Fees: 47.70
- U-Pass: 164
Take note of the following:
- The above figures represent what Douglas College expects will be your reasonable international fees. Textbooks and mandatory health insurance have not been included
- Externship, internship, work term, apprenticeship fees are not included in the tuition fee. This could range from $450 to a full term.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation to complete externship, internship or practical lab requirements not listed above.
Intake Dates :
There are three intakes per year:
- Fall (usually September)
- Winter (usually January)
- Spring (usually May)
IVC however, accepts applications for an intake date up to 7 months before the start of classes. This preparation period includes:
- Review by the department/school for your eligibility;
- Processing by the Admissions Office of the college;
- Processing of insurance;
- Seeking accommodation;
- Processing of your student visa application.
The long period will also allow you sufficient time to:
- Review for the English language proficiency exam;
- Collate your documents;
- Put together funds for the initial Tuition Fee payment and maintenance funds.
So be sure you apply early! After all, you deserve the best professional service we can offer.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations of Douglas College. You must comply with the following requirements:
- You must have graduated with a recognized degree granting post-secondary institution with a minimum 3-year bachelor degree; and
- As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate a level of English competency. You must therefore meet the minimum scores in ANY of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT): Overall score of 83, minimum 20 in all sections;
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score of 6.5, no band below 6.0.
Check Immigrant Visa Center's international school partners.