In this International Business Management Post-Degree Diploma of Douglas College, you will be learning about:
- Importing and exporting;
- Market research to develop market entry strategies;
- Supply chain management;
- Managing in international environments; and
- Legal and financial aspects of international trade business.
You will also be enrolled in the Forum for International Trade Training or FITT Diploma program and receive an industry recognized FITT Diploma in International Trade once you have completed this program. Once you have completed a year of work experience in international trade, you may apply for a Certified International Trade (CITP) designation.
You will be conferred the Post-Degree Diploma in International Business Management award upon course completion.
Learn more about the Canada student visa category.
This International Business Management (Post-Degree Diploma) is offered at the Coquitlam campus of Douglas College. The program is taught full-time for one year.
Please note that you will be responsible for your own transportation to complete co-op, externship, internship or practical lab requirements when these are included in a program.
Check your migration options after graduation.
You may check career opportunities in the following fields, depending on your work experience and academic background:
- International research
- Legal and business planning
- Negotiations in integrative trade initiatives.
All of the courses below are 3 credits worth. You will have to finish 30 credits to complete this program:
- FINC 1231: Commercial & Financial Mathematics
- MARK 1120: Introductory Marketing
- BUSN 3100: Global Business Environment
- BUSN 3200: International Trade Finance
- BUSN 3410: Global Supply Chain
- BUSN 3500: Business Entry Strategies
- BUSN 3700: International Trade Law
- BUSN 3800: International Management
- MARK 3300: International Marketing
- MARK 4441: Marketing Research
Check other academic programs similar to this one.
Course Code : PDIMB
College : Commerce & Business Administration
Duration : One year
Qualifications Level : Post-Degree Diploma
All fees listed below are quoted in Canadian Dollar (CAD).
- Registration & Service Fee: 34
- Base Tuition Fee: 8,700 (for 15 units)
- Students' Union Fee : 62.40
- Other Student Activity Fees: 47.70
- U-Pass: 164
Take note of the following:
- The above figures represent what Douglas College expects will be your reasonable international fees. Textbooks and mandatory health insurance have not been included
- Externship, internship, work term, apprenticeship fees are not included in the tuition fee. This could range from $450 to a full term.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation to complete externship, internship or practical lab requirements not listed above.
Intake Dates :
There are three intakes per year:
- Fall (usually September)
- Winter (usually January)
- Spring (usually May)
IVC however, accepts applications for an intake date up to 7 months before the start of classes. This preparation period includes:
- Review by the department/school for your eligibility;
- Processing by the Admissions Office of the college;
- Processing of insurance;
- Seeking accommodation;
- Processing of your student visa application.
The long period will also allow you sufficient time to:
- Review for the English language proficiency exam;
- Collate your documents;
- Put together funds for the initial Tuition Fee payment and maintenance funds.
So be sure you apply early! After all, you deserve the best professional service we can offer.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations of Douglas College. You must comply with the following requirements:
- You must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country.
- It is recommended that you have a minimum grade of 60% (grade C) on average in your undergraduate degree.
- As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate a level of English competency. You must therefore meet the minimum scores in ANY of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT): Overall score of 83, minimum 20 in all sections;
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score of 6.5, no band below 6.0.
Check Immigrant Visa Center's international school partners.