The Post-Degree Diploma in Hospitality Marketing prepares students for marketing leadership roles in the hospitality industry. Students work on real projects in the business community and gain practical marketing skills, including market research, branding, advertising and customer relationship management.
You will be conferred the Post-Degree Diploma in Hospitality Marketing award upon course completion.
Learn more about the Canada student visa category.
This Hospitality Management (Post-Degree Diploma) is offered at the Coquitlam campus of Douglas College. It is taught full-time for one year. You will be working on projects to gain practical marketing skills.
Please note that you will be responsible for your own transportation to complete co-op, externship, internship or practical lab requirements when these are included in a program.
Check other academic programs similar to this one.
You may check career opportunities in marketing hotels, restaurants and special events depending on your work experience and academic background.
Check your migration options after graduation.
The following courses are of 3 credits each, unless otherwise stated. You will be taking 30 credits to complete this program:
- Select one course from the following three options:
- HOSP 1235: F&B Service Operations
- HOSP 2240: Front Desk Operations
- HOSP 2255: Beverage Management
- Select one course from the following two options:
- HOSP 2465: Event Management
- HOSP 3120: Sustainable Event Planning and Simulation
- These are mandatory courses for the program:
- HOSP 2415: Hospitality Sales and Advertising
- HOSP 2455: Hospitality Business Policy
- MARK 1120: Introductory Marketing
- Select five courses from the following ten options:
- MARK 3215: Buyer Behaviour
- MARK 3235: eMarketing
- MARK 3300: International Marketing
- MARK 3340: Promotional Strategy
- MARK 4360: Customer Relationship Management
- MARK 4441: Marketing Research
- MARK 4470: Professional Services Marketing
- MARK 4410: Sales Management
- MARK 4440: Marketing Strategy
- MARK 4483: Marketing Practicum
Course Code : PDHOMK
College : Commerce & Business Administration
Duration : One year
Qualifications Level : Post-Degree Diploma
All fees listed below are quoted in Canadian Dollar (CAD).
- Registration & Service Fee: 34
- Base Tuition Fee: 8,700 (for 15 units)
- Students' Union Fee : 62.40
- Other Student Activity Fees: 47.70
- U-Pass: 164
Take note of the following:
- The above figures represent what Douglas College expects will be your reasonable international fees. Textbooks and mandatory health insurance have not been included
- Externship, internship, work term, apprenticeship fees are not included in the tuition fee. This could range from $450 to a full term.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation to complete externship, internship or practical lab requirements not listed above.
Intake Dates :
There are usually three intakes per year:
- Fall (usually September)
- Winter (usually January)
- Spring (usually May)
IVC however, accepts applications for an intake date up to 7 months before the start of classes. This preparation period includes:
- Review by the department/school for your eligibility;
- Processing by the Admissions Office of the college;
- Processing of insurance;
- Seeking accommodation;
- Processing of your student visa application.
The long period will also allow you sufficient time to:
- Review for the English language proficiency exam;
- Collate your documents;
- Put together funds for the initial Tuition Fee payment and maintenance funds.
So be sure you apply early! After all, you deserve the best professional service we can offer.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations of Douglas College. You must comply with the following requirements:
- Post-Graduate (Post-Degree and Post-Baccalaureate) programs:
- Graduation from a recognized degree granting post-secondary institution with a minimum 3-year bachelor degree; and
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 60% (or equivalent) during the bachelor degree program
- English language proficiency. As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate a level of English competency. You must therefore meet the minimum scores in ANY of the following tests:
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test – iBT): Overall score of 83 (minimum 20 in all sections for Post-Degree and Post-Baccalaureate programs).
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band below 6.0 for Post-Degree and Post-Baccalaureate programs)
View IVC Immigrant Visa Center's international school partners.