Software Development Graduate Diploma Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology, New Zealand
Do you want to update your IT skills and knowledge in the field of software development and advance your career in this field? The Graduate Diploma of Software Development (Level 7) is a qualification designed to prepare you to specialize in software design and development.
Get acquainted with the latest industry trends and emerging technologies in programming, design and software analysis in this one-year graduate diploma program in New Zealand. You will be developing skills also in algorithms and data structures, and data management so you can design and build interfaces for optimum user experience.
Upon completing this program, you will receive the award of Graduate Diploma of Software Development.
Read important information regarding the New Zealand student visa category
This program is offered full-time (including holidays if applicable) at the Mokoia Campus of Rotorua.
It is taught by combining theoretical study with applied learning so you gain more knowledge in how to design and build interfaces for optimum user experience.
You will be working with industry for your second-semester project by analyzing real problems in the workplace and research then building and implementing solutions.
Please note that you will be responsible for your own transportation to complete the program.
You may find opportunities in any of the following careers, depending on your previous education and work experience:
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Software and Applications Programmers
- Analyst Programmer
- Developer Programmer
- Support Analyst
- Software Tester
- .NET Developer
- Microsoft Applications Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- CRM Developer
- Technical Specialist
- Application Engineer
- Database Administrator
Once you have completed the Graduate Diploma of Software Development, you will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Research, evaluate and apply software development methodologies and techniques in relation to current technologies;
- Apply technical and conceptual thinking to analyze, design, implement and document solutions to a range of real-world software development problems;
- Apply communication, information design, personal, and interpersonal skills, clearly and professionally to enhance working effectiveness, efficiency, and quality outcomes within their professional practice;
- Take an enquiring, flexible, creative and critical attitude towards contemporary issues and underlying theoretical concepts as emerging professionals in the software development field;
- Be aware of social and ethical issues and have the ability to function positively in a culturally diverse professional environment.
Check other academic programs similar to this one.
You will be covering the following topics in this graduate diploma program:
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Data Management
- Advanced User Interface Programming
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design
Duration : One year
Qualifications Level : Graduate Diploma
The base tuition fee is NZD19,950.
Take note of the following:
- The above figures represent what Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology expects will be your base tuition fee. Other fees have not been considered such as:
- Airport transfer
- Mandatory Health Insurance
- Student services
- As costs are subject to change, the above figures may be changed at any time without notice by the administration of Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
- When estimating your cost of living for an academic year, include accommodation rent, weekly supermarket shopping, some meals on campus, electricity bills, heating bills, refuse bills, parking fees, mobile phone expenses, travel, clothing, snacks on campus, socializing, and health.
Intake Dates :
There are two start dates in 2018:
IVC has a 2-3 month preparation period that includes, among others:
- Review by Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology for your eligibility;
- Processing by the International Admissions Office;
- Processing of insurance;
- Payment of tuition fee;
- Visa processing;
- Seeking accommodation.
It is important to apply early as this course may have many applicants. Moreover, beginning an application well in advance of the intake date will allow you a lot of time to prepare for the IELTS and consolidate your academic and professional credentials for your visa application. So make sure you apply early!
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations of Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology as listed:
- There are three paths to be admitted to this program:
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline; OR
- Completed a minimum of a two year diploma equivalent to NZQA Level 7 or higher in a related discipline; OR
- Be able to demonstrate at least three years equivalent relevant practical and/or professional experience.
- As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate a level of English competency. You must therefore meet the minimum scores in ANY of the following tests that should have a validity of two years:
- IELTS (Academic Test) 6.0 overall band score with no individual band under 5.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based (TOEFL iBT): 60 overall, writing score of 18
- PTE Academic: 50 overall minimum