Cyber Security Graduate Diploma Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology, New Zealand
If you are a network specialist and want or need professional development to advance your skills in the field of system security, then this one-year Graduate Diploma of Cyber Security is ideal for you.
You will be learning the latest industry trends and emerging cyber security technologies. You will then be able to apply higher-level networking management skills and protection technologies when faced with the threat of cyber-attacks.
You will be receiving the award of Graduate Diploma of Cyber Security once you have successfully completing the requirements of the program.
Read important information regarding the New Zealand student visa category
This is a one-year full-time program, including holidays whenever applicable. It is offered at the Mokoia Campus in Rotorua.
Classes combine theoretical study with highly applied learning so you will be developing your skills in network management and applying the latest protection technologies.
There is a second-semester project where you will be working with industry to analyze real problems in the workplace, carry out research then build and implement solutions.
Please note that you will be responsible for your own transportation to complete the program.
You may qualify for the following careers in cyber security, utilizing higher-level skills and knowledge learned in this graduate diploma program:
- Information Security Consultant
- Security Analyst
- Systems and Security Specialist
- Security Engineer
- Help Desk Support
- Technical Support Specialist
- ICT Security Specialist
- Network Specialist
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
You will be able to demonstrate the following competencies once you have completed this program:
- Research, evaluate and apply advanced techniques in relation to current cyber security technologies;
- Apply technical and conceptual thinking in the networking and cyber security fields;
- Apply communication, information design, personal, and interpersonal skills, clearly and professionally to enhance working effectiveness, efficiency, and quality outcomes within their professional practice;
- Demonstrate an enquiring, flexible, creative and critical attitude towards contemporary issues and underlying theoretical concepts as emerging networking and cyber security professionals;
- Demonstrate an awareness of social and ethical issues and have the ability to function positively in a culturally diverse professional environment.
Check other academic programs similar to this one.
You'll be covering the following topics in this program:
- Routing and Switching
- Connecting Networks
- Network Security
- Large Network Technologies
- System Security
- Cyber Security
Duration : One year
Qualifications Level : Graduate Diploma
The base tuition fee is NZD19,950.
Take note of the following:
- The above figures represent what Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology expects will be your base tuition fee. Other fees have not been considered such as:
- Airport transfer
- Mandatory Health Insurance
- Student services
- As costs are subject to change, the above figures may be changed at any time without notice by the administration of Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
- When estimating your cost of living for an academic year, include accommodation rent, weekly supermarket shopping, some meals on campus, electricity bills, heating bills, refuse bills, parking fees, mobile phone expenses, travel, clothing, snacks on campus, socializing, and health.
Intake Dates :
There are two start dates in 2018:
IVC has a 2-3 month preparation period that includes, among others:
- Review by Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology for your eligibility;
- Processing by the International Admissions Office;
- Processing of insurance;
- Payment of tuition fee;
- Visa processing;
- Seeking accommodation.
It is important to apply early as this course may have many applicants. Moreover, beginning an application well in advance of the intake date will allow you a lot of time to prepare for the IELTS and consolidate your academic and professional credentials for your visa application. So make sure you apply early!
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations of Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology as listed:
- There are three pathways to qualify to enroll in this program:
- You must have completed the equivalent of an undergraduate degree in any discipline; OR
- Have completed a minimum of a two year diploma equivalent to NZQA Level 7 or higher in a related discipline; OR
- Demonstrate at least three years equivalent relevant practical and/or professional experience.
- As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate a level of English competency. You must therefore meet the minimum scores in ANY of the following tests that should have a validity of two years:
- IELTS (Academic Test) 6.0 overall band score with no individual band under 5.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based (TOEFL iBT): 60 overall, writing score of 18
- PTE Academic: 50 overall minimum