Business Graduate Diploma Auckland Institute of Studies
Auckland Institute of Studies, New Zealand
If you wish to achieve a level of competency and acquire a qualification in business, you may use this qualification as a pathway to postgraduate study in business or related disciplines.
Do you already have an existing qualification for a management career in business? You may still enroll in this Graduate Diploma in Business or GDIB to broaden your knowledge further and enhance your career prospects.
The programme also assists business professionals to gain the discipline and recognition of a formal qualification and an organised knowledge system to complement their industry experience.
The Graduate Diploma in Business aims to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a management career in commercial organisations dealing across cultures and country boundaries.
Read important information regarding the New Zealand student visa category
Additional short workshops are scheduled to assist students to acquire a well-rounded knowledge of business.
Please note that you are responsible for your own transportation to complete the program.
The following are the semesters and scheduled breaks for 2018:
- Semester 3
- Start and End Dates: 10-September to 14-December
- Scheduled Break: 15-December to 28-January
- Semester 2
- Start and End Dates: 21-May to 24-August
- Scheduled Break: 25-August to 9-December
- Semester 1
- Start and End Dates: 30-January to 4-May
- Scheduled Break: 5-May to 20-May
You will have job opportunities in the following areas:
- International trade and finance
- Sales and marketing
- International relations
- Business including self-employment
If you perform well in your initial placement, you will be expected to track eventually into supervisory and management roles.
If further studies is your goal, you will be able to continue to postgraduate studies in business and management.
As a graduate of this program, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- A strong foundation in the key aspects of management, marketing and economics;
- An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of international business;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Understanding of different cultural perspectives;
- Good customer service skills;
- Understanding of quality assurance principles;
- Sensitivity to cultural and social impacts of international business.
Check other academic programs similar to this one.
The programme comprises seven courses, including:
- 2.113 Business Economics
- 2.231 Introduction to International Business
- 2.331 International Business
- Plus one Business elective course at Stage 2.
- Plus three Business elective courses at Stage 3.
Course Code : PC9798
College : Business
Duration : one year
Qualifications Level : Graduate Diploma
All fees listed below are quoted in New Zealand Dollar (NZD).
- Application Fee:
- Base Tuition Fee: 18,080
- Discounted Fee of the Graduate Diploma in Business or GDIB: 14,460
- Resource Fee of the GDIB (include e-books, textbooks, workbooks, internet, Wi-Fi): 840
- Student Services Fee (pastoral care, counselling services, employment and careers information and guidance sports, recreation, cultural activities and Student Council activities): 270/year
- Airport Transfer (one-way): 80
- Mandatory Health Insurance:
- Southern Cross International Student Insurance: 500/year
- Uni-Care NZ Student Plan: 584.81/12 months
Take note of the following:
- The above figures represent what Auckland Institute of Studies expects will be your reasonable international fees.
- The fees listed above include Goods and Services Tax or GST of 15%, where applicable
- As costs are subject to change, the above figures may be changed at any time without notice by the administration of Auckland Institute of Studies.
- When estimating your cost of living for an academic year, include weekly supermarket shopping, some meals on campus, electricity bills, heating bills, refuse bills, parking fees, mobile phone expenses, travel, clothing, snacks on campus, socializing, and health.
Accommodation for International Students at Auckland Institute of Studies, your choice:
- Homestay Accommodation: 275/week
- Homestay Arrangement Fee: 260
- On-Campus Accommodation, excluding meals:
- Accommodation Bond: 300 (payable in advance, refundable)
- Multi-share Room
- Advance payment of 12 weeks or more: 125/week
- Advance payment of 5 to 11 weeks: 135/week
- Casual weekly rate: 170
- Twin-share Room
- Advance payment of 12 weeks or more: 145/week
- Advance payment of 5 to 11 weeks: 155/week
- Casual weekly rate: 190
- Single Room
- Advance payment of 12 weeks or more: 165/week
- Advance payment of 5 to 11 weeks: 155/week
- Casual weekly rate: 210
Intake Dates :
There are three start dates in 2018:
- 30 January
- 21 May
- 10 September
IVC has a 3-month preparation period that includes, among others:
- Review by Auckland Institute of Studies for your eligibility;
- Processing by the International Admissions Office;
- Processing of insurance;
- Payment of tuition fee;
- Visa processing;
- Seeking accommodation.
It is important to apply early as this course may have many applicants. Moreover, beginning an application well in advance of the intake date will allow you a lot of time to prepare for the IELTS and consolidate your academic and professional credentials for your visa application. So make sure you apply early!
- You must have completed a bachelor's degree at least equivalent to New Zealand's pass standard.
- If you wish to apply to the GDIB programme but do not have a bachelor's degree, you must have an appropriate mix of a lesser qualification and work experience.
- In this case, your application must then be approved for special admission by the Academic Board of Auckland Institute of Studies.
- As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate a level of English competency. You must therefore meet the minimum scores in ANY of the following tests that should have a validity of two years:
- IELTS (Academic Test) 6.0 overall band score with no individual band under 5.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based (TOEFL iBT): 60 overall, writing score of 18
- PTE Academic: 50 overall minimum