There is an ongoing demand for smart, adaptable IT professionals due to emerging technologies. If professional development is what you are looking for, then consider enrolling in this program so you can advance your skills in scaling up and building large, complex network systems.
As a network and support specialist, you will be sharpening your IT skills and knowledge and get up-to-date with the latest industry trends in this one-year Graduate Diploma of Networking and Technical Support program offered by Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
This program combines theoretical study with highly applied learning so you can develop your skills in network scaling, connectivity and support, and work with the latest technologies for large network implementation.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of Graduate Diploma of Networking and Technical Support.
Read important information regarding the New Zealand student visa category
This graduate diploma program is being offered at the Mokoia Campus in Rotorua. The duration one year, full-time, including holidays (if applicable).
It may include a combination of classroom lectures, time spent in a computer laboratory. In your second-semester project you work with industry to analyze real problems in the workplace and research, build and implement solutions.
Please note that students are responsible for their own transportation in order to complete the program.
Career opportunities await you, depending on your work experience and education background such as:
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer
- Desktop Support Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Network Specialist
- ICT Systems Test Engineer
- ICT Support and Test Engineers
- ICT Customer Support Officer
- Help Desk Support
- ICT Support Engineer
- Technical Specialist
- ICT Security Specialist
- Computer Network and Systems Engineer
- Telecommunications Network Engineer
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Diploma of Networking and Technical Support, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Research, evaluate and apply advanced methodologies and techniques in relation to networking technologies;
- Apply technical and conceptual thinking in the networking, Information technology and technical support fields;
- Apply communication, information design, personal, and interpersonal skills, clearly and professionally to enhance working effectiveness, efficiency, and quality outcomes within their professional practice;
- Demonstrate an enquiring, flexible, creative and critical attitude towards contemporary issues and underlying theoretical concepts as emerging networking, Information technology and technical support professionals;
- Demonstrate an awareness of social and ethical issues and have the ability to function positively in a culturally diverse professional environment.
Check other academic programs similar to this one.
These are the topics you'll be covering in the graduate diploma program:
- Scaling Networks
- Connecting Networks
- Hardware Technology
- Large Network Technologies
- System Security
- Advanced Database Administration
Duration : One Year
Qualifications Level : Graduate Diploma
The base tuition fee is NZD19,950.
Take note of the following:
- The above figures represent what Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology expects will be your base tuition fee. Other fees have not been considered such as:
- Airport transfer
- Mandatory Health Insurance
- Student services
- As costs are subject to change, the above figures may be changed at any time without notice by the administration of Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
- When estimating your cost of living for an academic year, include accommodation rent, weekly supermarket shopping, some meals on campus, electricity bills, heating bills, refuse bills, parking fees, mobile phone expenses, travel, clothing, snacks on campus, socializing, and health.
Intake Dates :
There are two start dates in 2018:
IVC has a 2-3 month preparation period that includes, among others:
- Review by Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology for your eligibility;
- Processing by the International Admissions Office;
- Processing of insurance;
- Payment of tuition fee;
- Visa processing;
- Seeking accommodation.
It is important to apply early as this course may have many applicants. Moreover, beginning an application well in advance of the intake date will allow you a lot of time to prepare for the IELTS and consolidate your academic and professional credentials for your visa application. So make sure you apply early!
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations of Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology as listed:
- There are three ways to be considered for admission to this program:
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline; OR
- Have completed a minimum of a two year diploma equivalent to NZQA Level 7 or higher in a related discipline; OR
- Be able to demonstrate at least three years equivalent relevant practical and/or professional experience.
- As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate a level of English competency. You must therefore meet the minimum scores in ANY of the following tests that should have a validity of two years:
- IELTS (Academic Test) 6.0 overall band score with no individual band under 5.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based (TOEFL iBT): 60 overall, writing score of 18
- PTE Academic: 50 overall minimum